So today is the day. As with most single mums it has been pretty low key. I forced a sleep in from the kids, got up got them breakfast and then told them I was going back to bed! Which has bought me 2 hours of resting if not sleeping. But I am happy with that. For my birthday this year when people have asked I have asked for vouchers to a local sports store so that I can buy myself some free weights. A gym membership really doesn’t fit into my budget right now so I need to get myself set up so that it becomes unnecessary.
But the biggest thing on my radar at the moment aside from the obvious getting older has been making sure that the next few years are productive. One of the biggest things that I have realised over the last few weeks is that for the last few years I have been floating, not really expending as much effort as I need to. Don’t get me wrong there have been things that I have worked for but there are also things that I have just let slide. That is no longer an option. So for my 33rd year what do I want to accomplish?
- HD or D results for all subjects in both upcoming semesters
- Spent at least an hour studying each day, focus on study while kids are at daycare/school for the 2 days a week they are there.
- Start playing with the guitar I’ve had it for about 7 years, time to dust it off and figure it out!
- Explore garage band on my Mac and see if I can learn the basics from that.
- Complete 3 ice-skating courses each one is 8 weeks long
- I am booked in to start TOMORROW!! So excited.
- Finish restoring bedroom suite and start on dining table
- This is going to have to wait until summer break from uni
- Be a more attentive mother.
- I am banning mobile devices from the dining table
- One planned outing each weekend
- attempt to get one on one time with each of them during the week.
There is nothing that is unachievable on that list. Am I the only one who sets goals on their birthday?