So we are now into week 3 of the Uni Semester. And I am still here! All of my TAFE work has been submitted on time which is a huge plus. I was worried that by this stage i would be rocking in a corner somewhere.
So twice is a pattern isn’t it? I am getting there with trying to get at least this post done each week.
So I really think there was an improvement from last week.
Such a gorgeous living area. I feel so lucky to be living in this house.
Dishes are cleared from the kitchen and benches have been wiped and mostly cleared too. Although I currently have most of my SHE card file spread out on the bench.
Mischief has left some of her drawing stuff on the table but at least all of the dishes are cleared.
Ugh, This week is getting away from me and I have to admit that yesterday was NOT a good day. I was all sorts of tied up in knots for some reason… I’m not exactly sure why. BUT I didn’t want to skip my housework post because I figure if nothing else it serves to show others that not everyone has the perfect house…
Brace yourself. And don’t say I didn’t warn you! Continue reading
So after my weekend away a few weeks ago I am finally caught up enough to feel OK about taking some time to do something other than Uni work, housework or health work. So here I am!
So that house inspection that I was so confident of passing… yup I flunked it. She is coming back in 2 weeks to re-inspect. Apparently our agent is known around town for being a complete hardass. So we have a list of stuff she wants fixed, some of her complaints were completely fair:
- Grass growing in the garden beds – although it was there before we moved in
- oven dirty – I have no excuse, none at all, I just didn’t get there.
- mould in the showers … yeah lets not even go there I am squicked out as well. But it was little enough that I genuinely just missed it. Note to self exit mould is my friend in this house!
But some of it was just ridiculous:
- The back patio needs sweeping
- the floors aren’t vacuumed – I vacuumed them 2 days before I just hadn’t done them before she arrived.
- the door tracks had grass in them – as in dead grass from when we mowed the lawns 2 days ago….
- Moody’s bedroom was messy
- There was (shock horror) hair on my ensuite floor…
So Housework Wednesday
There are some minor bits and pieces that have changed since yesterday chiefly among them that he kitchen was MUCH neater and Mayhem’s shoes weren’t in the middle of the lounge but this is what she was pretty much looking at and we still got busted. But lesson learned, when the agent is a hardass play the game and sweep the damn floors!! But seriously I have an oven cleaning kit sitting in my kitchen and have already exit moulded the showers (I think that will become a weekly habit actually 🙂 ).
So I am back on track! YAY! It has taken me a few weeks to wrestle the house back to being somewhat on track but it is a good feeling to have it neat and tidy and clean. Continue reading