So that house inspection that I was so confident of passing… yup I flunked it. She is coming back in 2 weeks to re-inspect. Apparently our agent is known around town for being a complete hardass. So we have a list of stuff she wants fixed, some of her complaints were completely fair:
- Grass growing in the garden beds – although it was there before we moved in
- oven dirty – I have no excuse, none at all, I just didn’t get there.
- mould in the showers … yeah lets not even go there I am squicked out as well. But it was little enough that I genuinely just missed it. Note to self exit mould is my friend in this house!
But some of it was just ridiculous:
- The back patio needs sweeping
- the floors aren’t vacuumed – I vacuumed them 2 days before I just hadn’t done them before she arrived.
- the door tracks had grass in them – as in dead grass from when we mowed the lawns 2 days ago….
- Moody’s bedroom was messy
- There was (shock horror) hair on my ensuite floor…
So Housework Wednesday
There are some minor bits and pieces that have changed since yesterday chiefly among them that he kitchen was MUCH neater and Mayhem’s shoes weren’t in the middle of the lounge but this is what she was pretty much looking at and we still got busted. But lesson learned, when the agent is a hardass play the game and sweep the damn floors!! But seriously I have an oven cleaning kit sitting in my kitchen and have already exit moulded the showers (I think that will become a weekly habit actually 🙂 ).